Test Script Runner is a software platform designed to provide a script based mechanism for Automatic Regression Testing.
The software provides a scripting language which allows the user to expand the capabilities via plug-in testing modules.
A number of plug-in modules are provided with the software to allow for: -
1) Communication via a serial device (RS-232, TCP, VISA etc).
2) Interact with a windows application to fill in edit boxes and press buttons etc.
3) Dial/Hang-up an internet connection.
4) Perform FTP operations.
5) Control a second or more PCs via a proxy
6) Control Web Pages via a Selenium plug-in
Each of the plug-in modules provides documentation describing the actions that the plug-in provides and the in/out parameters that are required. This documentation appears within the Help menu of the Test Script Runner GUI.
Extra plug-in modules can be found on the plugins.htm page which will be updated as and when further generic modules are coded.
The help menu of the GUI also provides a details step by step guide to creating your own plug-in modules to allow you to interact with non-generic items that you need within your testing needs.